HAND - "Health for Needy at their Doorstep"
HAND an Outreach Medical Project that provides health care and education through Mobile Medical Camps in tribal hamlets / settlements and villages in Nilgiris and Coimbatore districts. DMFCCF Hand has touched the lives of thousands of women and children in over 80 villages in the target area. HAND encompasses the following
The following institutions participate in the HAND program. Patients that require surgery or other specialized treatment are refered to these medical institutions.
- Coimbatore Medical College & Hospital, Coimbatore - for Surgery Cases
- Emmanuel Blind Relief Society, Mettupalayam - for Cataract removal
- R.A.Medical Centre & Hospital, Mettupalayam - for Gynaec Cases
- ILES, Coonoor - for Leprocy cases
- Government Lawley Hospital Coonoor, for Admission & Treatment
- Emmanuel Hospital, Coonoor - for Eye treatment
- Bethesda Hospital, Coimbatore - for Consultation
“Rajkumar, a 5 year old boy was abandoned by his parents because he was blinded by mature cataract. He was identified in one of the mobile medical campls in a remote and inaccessible tribal hamlet and cured. He is one among the many underprivileged lives that DMFCCF has been able to touch through timely diagnosis, medical advice and treatment assistance.”
Nagaraj, a tribal youth belonging to the irular community who was found to be in hopeless situation in a remote tribal hamlet in the foot hills of the Nilgiris bordering Coimbatore district. Timely intervention came to his rescue in the form of our Medical camp in Sengalur tribal settlement in 2004. In his care he was diagonised with congenital hernia which hampered his dialy routines as well his education. After counseling him to undertake corrective step he was referred to Government Hospital, Coimbatore for surgery and treatment. After recuperating from surgery in July 2004, it has opened the doors for this boy to complete his education and contribute his mite to his family and society.